Two weeks ago I gave a presentation on Trupanion at the Value Investing Seminar in Italy. The presentation is brief for two reasons:
- I only had 20-minutes to present.
- I don’t like reading slides when presenting (kind of defeats the point of presenting), so most slides contain high-level thoughts that were explained more in-depth by me.
I wish I would have had 30-40 minutes to present. That way I could have done a deeper dive into the business. Nonetheless, I think some readers will get value out of it. Click below to view the presentation.
TRUP Presentation – VIS 2018 – Travis Wiedower
I published a write-up on Seeking Alpha yesterday about Trupanion (TRUP). The summary is:
- Trupanion is building a durable competitive advantage in an industry that is set to grow 10x+ over the coming decades.
- The company is still run by their passionate founder who has the vast majority of his net worth in Trupanion stock.
- The current valuation looks very expensive, but starts to look reasonable the farther out you look.
Read the full write-up here: https://seekingalpha.com/article/4090526-trupanion-long-term-compounder
As of this writing, Wiedower Capital does not own shares in TRUP. This is subject to change.